Super CLA Blend w/ Sesame Lignans
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) refers to a group of positional and geometric isomers of linoleic acid, which are found primarily in meat and dairy products. CLA has been shown in a number of studies to have a wide variety of benefits with regards to the immune system, cardiovascular protection, blood sugar maintenance, lipid profiles and body composition.
- In studies that support the use of CLA in a weight loss program, the amount of CLA used varies from 1.7 to 12 grams per day. Those studies included:
- A study that showed a dose of 3.4 g CLA per day for 12 weeks seems to be sufficient to reduce body fat mass (BFM) significantly in overweight humans.
- Another study on human subjects that showed 3.2 g per day of CLA increased lean body mass over a 12 week period.
- A six-month study on healthy or overweight adults showed CLA decreased body fat mass in specific regions of the body for all participants.
- Another six-month study on healthy overweight people showed that supplementation with CLA prevented weight gain during the holiday season. Modest loss in fat mass has been shown using 3.2 grams per day of CLA.