5 Tips to Stay Healthy During the Holidays
1. Change your attitude and perception of the holidays! Holidays are meant for sharing family traditions with loved ones and friends and not get stressed out over "enough gifts" or "good gifts" shopping. It's remembering the true meaning of the Thanksgiving and Christmas and spending fun and grateful times with family & friends.
2. Meditate or say your prayers when you start your day. Perfect way to anchor or center you and you'll find that you are calmer the rest of the day!
3. Jump in a mini-trampoline or rebounder and get your body moving! Turn on your favorite radio station or listen to your favorite music while jumping. For benefits of rebounding, go to our post on the benefits of rebounding! Start with a few minutes a day. No need for vigorous jumping to get the benefits. Start easy and have fun!
4. Eat smaller and more frequent snacks. Learn one raw food recipe and prepare it for the holiday or prepare a green smoothie to enjoy either before the meal or as a 'dessert' afterwards or a snack.
5. . Start drinking a healthy green smoothie to ensure that you are taking enough fruits and vegetables everyday. For more information on green smoothie recipes, for a great website for green smoothie info, click here
. It's a delicious way to get energy. I add Omega Oils 3-6-9 such as Udo's Oil or Barleans' Flaxseed Oil, probiotic, and "greens" powder to the smoothie for more benefits! You can either use Almond Milk or just filtered water for liquid and squeeze some fresh lemon in the mix too! Experiment and enjoy.
This is not intended to treat or diagnose any illness. Consult a health professional before starting a new diet or exercise.